[ic] Number of products and database normalization

Christian Brink interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 14 02:52:00 2003

I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. I seem to have a performance problem. I have loaded my client's DB w/
38,000 sku's. When I ran the foundation store it was nice and snappy. Now
with the new data loaded it's slow (10-20 sec a page load). I'm use
PostgreSQL as a back end and I logged everything for analysis and created
indexes as needed (and vacuuming). I don't have any select queries (with
WITH) not hitting an index, but it's still too slow. I have my PostgreSQL
buffers up to 2048.
Is anyone running Interchange with this many products and how is the speed?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Has anyone attempted to normalize the foundation DB? How did it go?

Thanks,

Christian