[ic] Number of products and database normalization

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 14 06:02:01 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 00:05:30 -0700 (PDT)
"Christian Brink" <cbrink@schmidy.com> wrote:

> I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could help me with.
>
> 1. I seem to have a performance problem. I have loaded my client's DB w/
> 38,000 sku's. When I ran the foundation store it was nice and snappy. Now
> with the new data loaded it's slow (10-20 sec a page load). I'm use
> PostgreSQL as a back end and I logged everything for analysis and created
> indexes as needed (and vacuuming). I don't have any select queries (with
> WITH) not hitting an index, but it's still too slow. I have my PostgreSQL
> buffers up to 2048.
> Is anyone running Interchange with this many products and how is the speed?

Yes, Interchange runs fine with many products. You have to optimize the
searches and avoid unnecessary SQL lookups. This has discussed on this
list several times.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team