[ic] Movin on to question #962642: interch user... :)

Kitepilot Solutions LLC interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 14 16:07:01 2003

> Nothing should be owned by root for IC and I'm unsure why you're taking
> this approach. If you have RH7.2 why are you not using the rpm installers

Well, in one of the 345908934 pages that I have read about Interchange so
far, I did read that if I was going to install Interchange in a dedicated
server for one store, I should use the rpm, and that if I was going to
install it in a server with many virtual domains (my case), I should use
the tarball...

How certain is that?

Besides, I did install IC in my server at home using rpm as root, and when
I tried to create the foundation (from rpm too but as interch) it aborted
because of lack of root permissions...  :(

And finally, to make matters worse, I am set that I will install
interchange-4.9.7 because it will be a while before I have enough
customers with stores beyond a practical upgrade.
As I am starting from scratch, I am betting on having a stable 4.9.7 by
the time I am actually doing real business with IC.
Hopefully on or around 4-5 months...
I've never been good at lotteries though...   :|

> Hope this helps
Big time...   :)

THANKS!
Enrique A. Troconis