[ic] More on nothing

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun May 18 18:54:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 12:06, Philip S. Hempel wrote:
> Hey all,
> I have been getting ready to do an upgrade from our 4.8 to 4.9 (5.0).
> I have had this problem with just our store and no other running on the
> same machines. I have not really had the time until recently to look at
> it.
>
> I use 4.8 on our production machine and the problem is that when you do
> a search and the scan results if you choose to "buy list" or "buy now"
> the contents are added to the cart but you get sent to 404 page saying
> nothing is not found.
>
> I have on our test server 4.9-nightly using the upgraded cart and I get
> the same problem.
> I have on the same machine the foundation and the mike demo installed.
> Neither of the above give me this problem.
>
> I have put as many of the sections into debug that I can find and I can
> not make heads or tails of the issue, nothing jumps out (to me) as an
> error. I have dumps if anyone wants to see them.
>
> I am really not sure where to look. I have checked the variables and
> almost have them duplicate of the foundation. I have tried to see if any
> of the metadata could be the issue and have replaced the metadata with
> the foundations.
>
> I have looked on the mailing list and have found a few people ask the
> question but no one answers it.
>
> I am not sure where to look now. Any pointers would be nice.
>

> Running Perl 5.8
> Apache 1.3.27
> Apache 2.0.37
> Mysql 4.0.12
> Mysql 3.23
>
> Site that is having this problem is at http://www.blossomland.com/
>
> Hit any of the links on the left that have a scan in it try to by the
> list.

Here are mysql results from choosing "buy now"

030517  2:29:18      19 Connect     store@localhost on blossomland_store
                     19 Query       select sku from products where sku =
'cw001'
                     19 Query       select price_group from pricing
where sku = 'cw001'
                     19 Query       select gift_cert from products where
sku = 'cw001'
                     19 Query       select option_type from products
where sku = 'cw001'
                     19 Query       select description from products
where sku = 'cw001'
                     19 Query       select category from products where
sku = 'cw001'
                     19 Query       select sku from products where sku =
'nothing'
                     19 Query       select code from variants where code
= 'nothing'
                     19 Quit

Why is it trying to do a lookup on nothing? Is the above just a result
of doing a lookup for the error page?

I do not see lookups for "nothing" using the foundation demo, even
though pages for the foundation are being used, the data in the database
and some of the meta is different.
--
Philip S. Hempel
debian/rules