[ic] what is help // what is not help

Cameron interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 20 18:05:01 2003

> OK so I have many years of experience doing help and less implemnnting
Interchange; why do people prefer my help more?

[snip]

> Also you can write a better HELP text file if the original is not easy to
read/explain. Frankly the Interchange manuals are an example of why some
people should not write manuals (yes I appreciate ANY manual, but by and
large, these are clear as mud to someone with less than 10 years experience
with Interchange, Databases in general, etc.. While I can see someone put a
lot of effort into them, frequently they say things that were true in a
previous version but are not now; require a certain "lingo" (OK so did some
of you work for Microsoft before? Did you know that the reason for that
stupid paperclip in Office 97 up is that over 90% of the help questions
Microsoft got from Office 95 WERE in the help system, nobody could find them
because of the Jargon/Microsoft-specific terminology?)

hey, i can follow the IC documentation, and i'm mentally retarded.