[ic] Installation Dependencies

Jon Jensen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 20 23:08:00 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 John_Delisle@ceridian.ca wrote:

> What platform is the most stable/recommended for a production server?  I'd
> like to keep current if possible, but not at the expense of stability.

You'll probably get a delightful array of responses to this question, but
I often recommend Red Hat Linux 7.3 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES which
is similar but supposedly will be supported with security updates for
several years to come.

Having said that, I'm sure you'd enjoy Debian, Gentoo, or one of the BSDs
as well. The main thing is to make sure the Perl is working well and the
platform is stable itself.

Jon