[ic] signio decline=0 result gets charged

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Nov 2 21:31:35 EST 2003

Quoting jefficdg at sudjam.com (jefficdg at sudjam.com):
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem with Verisign/Signio module processing a transaction and
> getting no result from the pfpro binary. I've searched all the past archives,
> found a couple of people who mentioned they had the problem but haven't come
> across any resolutions.
>
> We're really stressing, out of 50 orders a day, lets say we get a bunch
> declined from the verisign fraud filters, then 10 good ones go through.  Out of
> 10 we have 5 that are billed and show up as a pending interchange order.  The
> other 5 are is no where land, they show as billed in verisign manager with a
> result of 0, order#, but it's no where to be found in interchange.  I turned on
> debugging and saw the following.
>
> My first problem was I was getting -13 from the PFProAPI, which anoid me, I
> disabled that and used the binary, I thought there was a problem getting the
> result so I rewrote the payment call so it does data on commandline and then
> pipes the result out. I'm still having the same problem.  See sample debug
> output below.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful, since we are now live with this problem.

The problem is signals.

Run in PreFork mode with MaxServers 0. You can also update to Perl 5.8.1
and run with PERL_SIGNALS=unsafe in the environment. Either should improve
this to a near-zero incidence.

You might also try doing a search on this stuff -- there should be
several long threads with more information.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino