[ic] OT: Alternatives to Red Hat

Joachim Leidinger joachim at Leidinger.net
Wed Nov 5 18:02:47 EST 2003

Terry & Sue Montana wrote:
> Nicholas,
>
> At the time it was my first experience with Interchange. Needles to say, my
> client and I were very impressed with the program but we had problems
> running it on FreeBSD (we were using FreeBSD with other applications so it
> seemed appropriate to try and use it with Interchange). At the end of the
> day it was just a simple solution to switch to Red Hat.

> Terry & Sue Montana wrote:
>
>>Ed,
>>I'm glad you bring this up. I too am concerned about which way to go after
>>the demise of Red Hat Linux as we know it. Switching from FreeBSD, I've
>> been using Red Hat since 7.1.
>>I for one will be following this thread to learn which flavor of Linux
>>Interchange users will favor.
>>
>>Terry Montana
>>

> Terry,
> Curiosity question, but why did you switch off of FreeBSD?  I ask
> because I have been considering switching to it from RedHat, and I don't
> often hear of people moving away from it.

I use FreeBSD since MiniVend Version 3.10 till Interchange Version 4.9.8
without problems. :-)
But there is a minor little bit trouble. Term::ReadLine::Perl is not
installed by "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange". :D

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing.
[joachim at leidinger.net]