[ic] IC vs. ShopSite?

Interchange User interchange at framework.cx
Wed Nov 5 23:15:05 EST 2003

Greetings,

	I just met with a client who is interested in having a web site
developed in a commerce program called ShopSite (because that's what
Verio provides them with their hosting account).  I hadn't heard of
this package before, and a quick search of the archives didn't reveal a
lot (except for one post saying ShopSite was "not at all
configurable").  The client also told me that there is a 10-field limit
in product descriptions (5 standard, and 5 custom).  Needless to say,
my first impressions (from hearsay) is not very good so far...

	Does anyone have any experience they'd care to share, comparing IC to
ShopSite?  I realize I'm on the Interchange list asking this question,
so I'm prepared for some amount of bias.  :)

Thanks,

Peter