[ic] IC vs. ShopSite?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Wed Nov 5 23:19:47 EST 2003

interchange at framework.cx wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> 	I just met with a client who is interested in having a web site
> developed in a commerce program called ShopSite (because that's what
> Verio provides them with their hosting account).  I hadn't heard of
> this package before, and a quick search of the archives didn't reveal
> a lot (except for one post saying ShopSite was "not at all
> configurable").  The client also told me that there is a 10-field
> limit in product descriptions (5 standard, and 5 custom).  Needless
> to say, my first impressions (from hearsay) is not very good so far...
>
> 	Does anyone have any experience they'd care to share, comparing IC to
> ShopSite?  I realize I'm on the Interchange list asking this question,
> so I'm prepared for some amount of bias.  :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

A good point to remind your client is that IC is an application server,
although its ecommerce DEMO gets most of the spot light. The point is, that
depending on how serious this client is, and how bright they hope their future
will be, IC can be extended to scale with them, from CRM, to shop, to backend,
to accounting, and on, and on.

Anything you want to do, can be done, can be implemented, or can be built in IC
by you, by them, or by a consultant.

In fact, a good trademark for IC would be, "What do you want to do today?"

8-)

Paul