[ic] Begin, Commit, Rollback the tables when processing a order

cui yuming cui_yuming at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 09:21:37 EST 2003

> Quoting cui yuming (cui_yuming at hotmail.com):
> > Hi,all
> >
> > when processing an order,many rows will be inserted to multiple tables.
> > but when a row of them can't be inserted,i hope ic can rollback the
rows
> > which have been inserted.
> > I have try to set the Route's attribute rollback and
rollback_tables,but it
> > does not worked as i want.
> > catalog.cfg as below:
> > Route   entry   rollback        1
> > Route   entry   rollback_tables '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
>
> You want to set this in the master route, i.e. default. This
> is done in catalog.cfg in the latest foundation:
>
> Route   default   transactions    '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
>
> Commit and rollback are handled automatically if you do that, but
> of course you need to use a transaction-capable db (MySQL 4,
> Postgres, Oracle) for it to work.
>
> --
> Mike Heins
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>
>
> Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
> -- Karl Lehenbauer

Thanks for your response!!
But the problem is not solved yet!
my IC version is 4.9.820030821,and DB is postgresql 7.3
I think that the commit is handled automatically,but the rollback works
unexpectedly.
If a row can't be inserted into the orderline,the other rows will still be
inserted into at last.
What i want to do is that ic can rollback those rows inserted successfully
if a row can't be inserted.

cym