[ic] Options tab in Item Edit

Tim Good draco at edsd.com
Tue Nov 11 10:32:54 EST 2003

I wanted to pass bugs on to the developers ... unless they
are by design?

1) First of all I am changing the widgets for item edit, in
admin interface.
I would like to change a widget for all products but the
only way I see to
do so is to add an entry manually in the mv_metadata table.
In the item edit
view there is a link to change the widget type for that
item. When you
change the widget settings it adds an entry in the
mv_metadata table with the
product group prepended. I then have to edit the entry and
remove the product
group eg.( Fleetwood::products::new_used ->
products::new_used ).

2) When I do edit the mv_metadata entry it adds a new entry
instead of changing
the existing one. I then have to delete the original entry.
Since after clicking
on the "ok" button to apply the changes I am then kicked
back to first page, I have
to go back and search for original entry to delete it. Seems
a little clunky to me?

3) If I am in the item list view and follow the "Item
editor" link to customize
the view, the settings are not retained. For instance, when
I change the list of
fields to edit and then go in to edit an item the changes
are not effective. The
work-a-round is to edit an item and then click on "Item
editor" link and then add
changes to view. (Q.) Why not just have one path to "Item
editor" which would work
all the time?

Just my 2 cents,

Tim