[ic] Changing Admin UI files in ~/interchange

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Nov 16 17:05:36 EST 2003

Quoting Interchange User (interchange at framework.cx):
> Hi all,
>
> 	I am customizing the admin UI for a client.  While I am able to
> 	modify some pages pretty easily, the only way I have found to modify, for
> instance, the tabbed menus or the list that shows up when you first
> login (Orders, Customers, Items, Content, etc.) is to modify
> ~/interchange/lib/UI/pages/include/menus/Top.txt
>
> 	Can this be done in a more portable fashion?  At the moment, I can
> 	get by editing files in the Interchange installation directory because I am
> only serving  one catalog, but we may want to add more soon, so this
> isn't the ideal solution.  Where would I put files or redirect the UI
> to look elsewhere for includes in the admin UI?

Everything for the UI should be customizable on a per-catalog basis.

The menu editor does this for you. If you want to edit the file instead
of use that, first copy it into CATALOG_DIR/include/menus/Top.txt. Then
edit that.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers