[ic] 4.9.9 install

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Fri Nov 21 17:37:38 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:19:34 -0600, Thomas Gondek wrote:

>Sorry trying this again - the 1st one wasnt in plain text.  I think I set
>outlook right....
>

>Hi,
>
>I'm missing something.... :)
>
>I just Installed a fresh copy of RedHat 9.
>Downloaded the 4.9.9 RPM
>Installed the RPM
>
>Try to run bin/makecat
>
>and I get the error :
>
>"bash: bin/makecat: /usr/local/bin/perl: bad Interpreter: No such file or
>directory"

You don't have a perl executable as /usr/local/bin/perl, which means that
it would be as /usr/bin/perl. You need to either symlink the two:
('ln -s /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/perl') or change the line
#!/usr/local/bin/perl to #!/usr/bin/perl (and the line which starts
'eval 'exec ..'' to match) in all files in your <ic_root>/bin directory.
Particularly bin/interchange.

>Any ideas on where i should start?  I have "holes" in my Linus knowledge, so
>is it a Linux problem or a Interchange problem?
>
>Thanks for any help
>Tom

-
Cheers