[ic] theriverco.com (Resetting Admin Password)

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Mon Nov 24 13:42:51 EST 2003

> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:03:43 -0500, max4pep at cox.net wrote:
>
> >That did not help -- Who is the technical support for interchange
shopping cart.  I really need help!

> >I need to get my shopping cart setup - I am loosing customers here.
> >
> >Please I need to have someone from technical suport to help out get my
shopping cart up and running.

> >Thank you,
> >Portia
> >>

> This kind of "request" seems to occur periodically, and I suspect
> that the poster is usually under the misapprehension that the request
> is being directed to his webhost, from whom such support could be
> expected.
>
> Did you simply click a link on your host's page to send this mail?
> And did you expect that mail to go to your webhost's support team?
> If so then you need to "name and shame" your host because that
> amounts to deception. If not, then you need to take note of what
> others have said here about the principles of "free software" and
> voluntary help.
>

> -
> Cheers
> Lyn St George

Lyn,
Great point maybe this is something to look into adding to the foundation
catalog.  We could add a disclaimer that they should 1st seek support from
their host.
ex.)
Links that will help you to use this software:
Note: Please contact your web host with support issues in a hosted catalog
enviroment

Just an Idea,
Sam Batschelet