[ic] load balancing

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Thu Nov 27 09:21:04 EST 2003

At 08:38 AM 11/27/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>At 07:25 AM 11/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>well, here is few questions :)
>>1- Can i have the main server on one physical server and have my customers
>>catalogs on diferent servers physical servers or do I neeed to have
>>interchange server on each physical server?
>
>Yes - the INET mode for catalogs along with a few interchange.cfg entries
>will allow you to do this.

I need to clarify - INET mode was designed to allow the catalog(s) and
interchange to reside on a different physical server than http. That is a
somewhat different case than what you were inquiring about, but it still
allows for significant work distribution. With dbms like mysql which allow
remote connections, it is also a simple matter to have your db reside on
yet another physical machine, further distributing the workload.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax