[ic] Rookie problem: admin/index.html errors

Interchange interch at mn.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 20:31:42 EST 2003

On a fresh install of interchange the foundation customer sections
seem to work fine.  But for some reason the admin stuff doesn't.
When I had this running under an older SuSE distro it worked fine.
The admin  link points to http://localhost/test.cgi/admin/index.html
(which I assume it gets from ./interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/index.html
since that's the only admin/index.html I can find anywhere.)  Anyway,
when I click on it in my old SuSE install my browser automatically goes to:
http://localhost/test.cgi/admin/login?mv_session_id=M6xtTjgq&mv_pc=1&destination=admin%2findex

And everything works find under the old distro.  But under the new
distro (configuration details below) it leaves
http://localhost/test2.cgi/admin/index.html
in the url window and gives me a server error.  The server log
error is:
[Sat Nov 29 11:22:56 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /home/interch/public_html/test.cgi

I'm thinking maybe there was a perl problem when it compiled?  Or ...?

Details on the configuration:
*Interchange-4.8.7
*SuSE 9.0 Pro
*Apache/1.3.28
*Perl 5.8.1 installed from ActivePerl  tarball into ~interch/usr/local...
(The default is NOT to use treading.  The only thing I had to change
during configuration was the path. I simply changed it from default
 install of /usr/local/bin to ~/usr/local/bin.  And of course I added
 that as the first entry in my PATH.)
*Interchange installed to run under user interch

Old distro configureation:
*Interchange-4.8.7
*SuSE7.3
*Apache/1.?? (default SuSE7.3 package)