[ic] AutoFIll

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sat Oct 4 17:16:30 EDT 2003

Quoting Martin Abell (abellmt at spsp.net):
> A customer thinks his catalog should support AutoFIll, which I assume means
> that the fields on checkout should be named according to the ECML standard.
> AutoFill is definitely handy, but I'm not a fan of the idea of changing all
> instances of b_address1 to Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Street_Line1, etc.  See
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3106.txt  and
> http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P-for-ecommerce
>
> Has anyone dealt with this?

If you look in your extensions directory, there is Vend::ECML.
It automatically does this for you.

Interchange (at that time Minivend) was the first shopping package to
support ECML, the very day it was announced. 8-) Unfortunately no one
every used ECML that I know of, and no one ever used the module to
my knowledge.

Go to the untarred software, and do

	perldoc extensions/ECML/Vend/ECML.pm

to see what it does. To install, you just copy the module to
ICDIR/lib/Vend and put ecml.coretag in ICDIR/code/UserTag.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike at perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock