[ic] Upgrading database from 4.8.2 to 4.9.8

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Tue Oct 7 12:14:26 EDT 2003

Hi List,
  I have an old interchange server that has been running 4.8.2 for a very
long time and I am hearing ticking from the hard drive so I am getting ready
to move all the catalogs to one of our 4.9.8 servers in fear of a crash.  I
know that the database structure of 4.9.8 is a little more vast and I have
tried to manually migrate the database's with no luck it seems that unless
the item is entered through the admin that it wasn't read (new fields).  So
the logical answer for this in my mind would be to upgrade 4.8.2 to 4.9.8
then transfer the mySQL databases to the new server.

 My question for the list is has anyone upgraded from  4.8.2 to a 4.9
release? and are there any major obsticals that may prepare me for what I am
to asume to be quite a wild ride.  Then also I'm sure that there are some
issues with transfering an upgraded catalog to fresh installed IC server.
Any help on this would be very very helpful I have been working with
interchange for over a year now but its one of those things you learn
something new everyday, and preparing for the worst is a good idea.  Thanks
for you help in advance

(OLD SERVER RIP)
RH 7.2
mysql-3.23.41-1