[ic] Date selector widget not passing form data

Sam Batschelet batschelet at exactasphere.com
Sat Sep 6 02:44:42 EDT 2003

Ok this is an odd little bug because when I fresh installed 4.9.8
(yesterday)
I could of sworn that the date widget worked correctly.

Here is the problem: reference URL www.tgdesigns.netInterchange is creating
the following form information for the date selector
widget but all other widgets seem to work correctly.  By widget I mean the
html form selection option for product options under simple options.
ex item page 00005.html (I left out the other options for sake of space)

Code:
<input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="date">
<SELECT NAME="mv_order_date"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>

but this value is wrong Code:
value="date"

It should read Code:
value="date0"

well atleast i tried it and it works, by this I took the source code for the
page changed the value and pressed the buy now button. Otherwise the date
information resets itself to the default

Then when you are in the cart the info form data reads

Code:
<input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="date"><SELECT
NAME="date0"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>

and Checkout.html reads and will not accept the date info from the cart

Code:
<FONT size=1><input type=hidden name="mv_item_option" value="date"><SELECT
NAME="date0"><OPTION VALUE="01">January</OPTION>

Its crazy the form layout that interchange is creating is wrong (I Think)
how can i fix this
myself i looked around for info pertaining to the date widget but no luck so
far. What could of changed in the configuration to make this happen.  Please
help!Thank You,Sam Batschelet ExactaSphere Inc. "There are no facts, only
interpretations." - Friedrich Nietzsche