[ic] if-statement for "dealer" field in userdb?

Jürgen R. Plasser plasser at hexagon.at
Fri Sep 26 17:37:59 EDT 2003

--On 26.09.2003 15:51 +0200 Ton Verhagen wrote:

> Jürgen, please be assured that the following code does work for me:
>
> [if scratch dealer]
>      DEALER
> [else]
>      NO DEALER
> [/else]
> [/if]
>
> I have tested it again on the live demo at the ICDEVGROUP website.
>
> What is your problem exactly?

You are right. The live demo test works.

I have tested it on a fresh installation of the 4.9.8 foundation shop and
it doesn't work for me... I always see "NO DEALER", no matter which value
the field userdb::dealer holds (i have checked for the username too).

When I use Xavier's code I get the right result!
I need this preceding statement:

[tmp dealer][data table=userdb field=dealer key="[data session
username]"][/tmp]

It seems to be my mistake:
To test this snippet I change the dealer value of my test user (and refresh
the browsers content). AND this does not work without the tmp-tag. I must
have misunderstood something in the way interchange handles it's databases
;-) - when will the scratch value be set?

regards,
Jürgen