[ic] mv_credit_card_valid: Authorizenet error

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Aug 5 12:25:08 EDT 2004

At 05:13 PM 8/4/2004, you wrote:

>   Using authorize.net and IC 5.2 . I want to settle payment once order
>ships, so I turned SETTLE_TRANSACTION on and now when I go to ship the
>order from the admin order interface I get the following error message:
>
>  mv_credit_card_valid: Authorizenet error: A valid referenced
>transaction ID is required.. Please call in your order or try again.
>settle_transaction: Order ID 040805080144558 settle operation failed.
>Reason: Authorizenet error: A valid referenced transaction ID is
>required.. Please call in your order or try again.
>
>  Not sure what is happening here, plz  , any assistance I would be
>grateful for. Thanks

What was the interim time between when the charge was authed (order
placement) and when you tried to settle? Authorizations are not valid
indefinitely, so if it was a week or more, it is possible that the auth
expired, it just depends upon your merchant bank.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax