[ic] where to start

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Mon Aug 9 14:01:51 EDT 2004

Just changing the prod_group field in the products table, is enough to move
the product into another group...but if you're using one of the built-in
group/category list components, you'll probably have to put the new group in
the cat and area tables too in order to get the group to show up.  (If the
group already exists, this isn't an issue.)

There's an admin link (under the Miscellaneous tab) that will create the
proper entries in the area and cat tables based on what's in the products
table.  Look for "Layout Editor Auto-Populate".  It may ask you if you want
to clear the current contents of the area and cat tables; if it does, say
yes (otherwise, you can end up with two of everything).

/me