[ic] passing parameters to the [soap] tag

jpb at johnbedell.com jpb at johnbedell.com
Tue Aug 24 10:56:27 EDT 2004

Hello,
   I am trying to get the soap tag working on my interchange installation.
 As a first step, I am trying to make a call to the f2c method at proxy
http://services.soaplite.com/temper.cgi and uri
http://www.soaplite.com/Temperatures.  I want to pass the f2c method a
numeric argument, but I'm not really sure how to do it.  Right now, I
am trying the following ITL code:

[perl interpolate=1]
my %testvar = (param => 33); my $opt = \%testvar;
return [soap f2c http://www.soaplite.com/Temperatures
http://service.soaplite.com/temper.cgi $opt]
[perl]
This gives me no result at all, but if I leave out the $opt at the end of
the soap tag, I get a return value of 77143935.5555556.

   The problem that I have, then, is that I don't know how to pass
parameters to the [soap] tag, which definitely limits its usefulness!
Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

   J. Patrick Bedell
   jpb at johnbedell.com