[ic] Upsell/Cross-Sell Difference?

Christian Little clittle at priorityplace.com
Mon Aug 30 19:34:02 EDT 2004

Howdy,

Can somebody tell me what the difference between cross-selling and up-selling
is with respect to the actual coding of Interchange.  I know that in theory
up-selling is designed to convice somebody to upgrade the product they want
to buy and cross-selling it convincing them to buy additional products with
their purchases.

But from an Interchange perspective, I can't seem to find a difference
between the two.  It seems like you can do the exact same thing with both
components.  Can somebody clarify please?

Thanks!