[ic] Order search memory use

Chris Ochs ic at paymentonline.net
Fri Dec 3 14:22:07 EST 2004

Interchange 4.8.8 on Freebsd 4.7, perl 5.8.2.

>From reading the archives it appears that when you click on the orders
button it loads all the orders into memory.  For a couple of our clients
this results in an interchange process that grows to 160 mb of ram when
clicking on the orders button.  This is with approximately 20,000 entries in
the transactions table and 80,000 entries in the orderline table.  I
switched these catalogs over to using postgresql from the default dbm files
and it didn't make a difference either, other than better performance
overall, but no change in memory use.  Is there a way to change this
behavior?  The only thing I can think of is finding the query and inserting
a limit statement.  This would prevent browsing the entire range of orders I
presume, but would still let them look up specific orders.

Any suggestions?

Chris