[ic] Rewrite problems in admin

Bryan tquark at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:35:46 EST 2004

> > > In an attempt to improve site indexing I have used the rewrite options
> > > below
> > >
> > >     RewriteRule    ^$      /cgi-bin/site/index.html    [PT,L]
> > >     RewriteRule    ^/$     /cgi-bin/site/index.html    [PT,L]
> > >     RewriteRule    ^/index\.html$  /cgi-bin/site/index.html    [PT,L]
> > >     RewriteRule    ^/cgi-bin/site/.*   -           [PT,L]
> > >     RewriteRule ^/.*images/.*   -       [PT,L]
> > >     RewriteRule    ^/(.*)      /cgi-bin/site/$1        [PT,L]
> > >
> > > The problem I am running into seems to be with the admin section which
> > > constantly drops me into login.  I am sure that the rewriterules are to
> > > blame but I cannot seem to get on the right track with a solution.  Any
> > > help with this would be greatly appreciated!.

Hi,

I used to use rewrites to clean things up too but even after 'fixing
everything up' I'd still have problems in admin sometimes.   The best
thing is to use ActionMaps and mod_interchange to do the same thing.
Search the archives for more info on these + see docs.  There also is,
if memory serves, a very good email about using rewrites to clean up
all your urls somewhere in the archives so maybe you'll find that too.

Best,
Bryan