[ic] Problem with Content Editor on 5.2.0

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 10:44:36 EST 2004

Quoting Mathew Jones <mat at thinkopensource.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client using IC 5.2.0, and experiences occasional problems with the
> content editor.
> When editing a page in the admin tools, the text will appear cutoff in the
> 'CONTENT' area with a
> series of characters which look like squares with a black outline. When I
> look at the source code
> for the page these characters appear to be &#0;
> When I pico into the page all the original text is there in the CONTENT area,
> however up at the top
> of the page in the [comment] section is the cut off portion of the text which
> looks something like this.

> 1-866-462@^@^@^@^@^@^@
>

> the @^ is repeated over 1000 times
>
> if my client now saves this page, it overwrites the content with the
> gobledygook that is in the ui_body
>
> Has anyone ever experience this before? She has experienced this on both
> netscape 7 and IE6.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mat

I've seen this before and put it down to a server 'glitch', I have never seen
it on my home development system but that is on my home lan. I always make
sure I backup a page before doing anything on it at all, which is good
practice anyway. Sorry that is not much help but I have seen it before so its
not just your server.

Andy.