[ic] How to setup search.profile to use sql syntax?

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Fri Dec 10 12:17:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

IC - 5.2
Perl - 5.8.5 (non threaded)
Mysql - 3.23.58

I've been digging through the archives for a few days now and I'm
stumped.  I'm trying to setup a search profile to use sql syntax.

I've included this in catalog.cfg:

SearchProfile    etc/search.profiles

Here is what I have in etc/search.profiles:

__NAME__ test_sql
mv_searchtype=sql
mv_sql_query=Select sku from products
__END__

Here is how I call it:

Here is the error I get:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
the error or try again later. (Can't use string ("BAD_SQL") as an ARRAY
ref while "strict refs" in use
at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/DbSearch.pm line 153. )

I've found lots of little snippets in the archives, and I've searched
for just about anything I can think of in the docs and archives, but no
silver bullet yet.  This is my first time using search profiles with sql
syntax so I'm probably missing something very simple.

Thank you in advance for any help or a point in the right direction.

Marty Tennison