[ic] failpage not working

Greg greg at valuemedia.com
Fri Dec 10 12:49:22 EST 2004

Wojtek wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I want to create a multi-page checkout from. But I can't get the
> mv_failpage working. I want to return to the same page when some
> fields are not filled out. But I am always forwarded to the next page
> ("checkout-step2").
>
> This is the form on my first fage:
>
> <form action="[process]" method="post">
> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_todo value=submit>
> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_action        value=return>
> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage      value="checkout-step2">
> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_failpage      value="checkout-step1">
> <input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile  value="check_this">

You could try adding

&fail=checkout-step1

to your form profile.  Not sure about your choice of page name, might
want checkout_step1.

Also I think the preferred form action is now something like:

<form action="[area checkout-step1]" method="post">

or to be safe with that page name:

<form action="[area href="checkout-step1"]" method="post">

and you can eliminate the mv_nextpage and mv_failpage lines.

> [set check_this]
>     fname=required
>     lname=required
>     address1=required