[ic] failpage not working

Fri Dec 10 13:17:01 EST 2004

Greg wrote:
> Wojtek wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I want to create a multi-page checkout from. But I can't get the
>> mv_failpage working. I want to return to the same page when some
>> fields are not filled out. But I am always forwarded to the next page
>> ("checkout-step2").
>>
>> This is the form on my first fage:
>>
>> <form action="[process]" method="post">
>> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_todo value=submit>
>> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_action        value=return>
>> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage      value="checkout-step2">
>> <input type=hidden NAME=mv_failpage      value="checkout-step1">
>> <input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile  value="check_this">
>>
> You could try adding
>
> &fail=checkout-step1
>
> to your form profile.  Not sure about your choice of page name, might
> want checkout_step1.
> Also I think the preferred form action is now something like:
>
> <form action="[area checkout-step1]" method="post">
>
> or to be safe with that page name:
>
> <form action="[area href="checkout-step1"]" method="post">
>
> and you can eliminate the mv_nextpage and mv_failpage lines.
>
>> [set check_this]
>>     fname=required
>>     lname=required
>>     address1=required
>>     &fatal=yes
>> [/set]
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>

> Greg

Thanks for your help. Now it works with the following form:

<form action="[area href="checkout"]" method="post">
<input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value="check_this">
<input type=hidden name=mv_action value="return">
<input type=hidden name=mv_failpage value="checkout-step1">
<input type=hidden name=mv_success_href value="checkout-step2">

But when I am returned to the same page again in case of an error the
entered values are not displayed. So I have to enter all values all over
again. My form compontents look like this:

<input type=text name=fname value="[value fname]">

What is wrong with this?

Thanks in advance,
Wojtek