[ic] profiles.order vs inline [set check_shipping]

Tom tom at ecnow.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 09:12:24 EST 2004

Hi,

I am putting together some multi-step order pages and am using the form profiles to do it. I've noticed something odd, well that I don't understand anyway.

If I have a form like so;

    <form action="[process secure=1]" method="POST" name=checkout_shipping>
    <input type=hidden NAME=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
    <input type=hidden NAME=mv_doit       value=return>
        <input type=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage      value="ord/billing">
        <input type=hidden NAME=mv_failpage      value="ord/shipping">
        <input type=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile value="check_shipping2">
[set check_shipping2]
    &fatal=no
    &update=yes
    __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
    &fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
    &fatal=yes
    email=email
[/set]

and the form fails, ie email is not set or something, it fails back to @@MV_PAGE@@, however if I do this same form, but define the form profile in the profiles.order file like this;

__NAME__                              check_shipping2
    &fatal=no
    &update=yes
    __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
    &fail=ord/checkout_shipping
    &fatal=yes
    email=email
__END__

when there are errors, the errors are detected (they can be displayed by whatever page is in the mv_nextpage variable), but interchange doesn't fail and go to the failpage specified in the check_shipping2 order profile.

I am I doing something silly here?

Thanks,

Tom H