AW: [ic] Search.pm : case insensitiv problem

Lars Tode tode at bpanet.de
Tue Dec 14 02:05:18 EST 2004

Hi Racke.

> > > Since a few weeks we've a problem with the case insensitiv search.
> > > We are using the current interchange version (5.x) on a
> FreeBSD 4.7 with
> > > Perl 5.8.5.
> > >
> > > As Example we had 36 records, that contain the word 'Puschkin' (in
> > > cyrillic).
> > > If you search for 'Puschkin' you get 36 hits. If you search
> for 'puschkin',
> > > and set mv_case to 0 and mv_substing_match to 1, only 1 record match.
> >
> > It appears that IC doesn't heed the current locale for searches and
> > filters (upper). Unfortunately I didn't find time to fix this problem.
>
> As a workaround you can try the following in your locale definition:
>
> Locale de_DE LC_CTYPE de_DE
> Locale de_DE LC_COLLATE de_DE

A few days ago, I figured out, there is a relation between the shell and the
Search.pm.
After I changed in the second system from bash to sh, the search works fine.
But still have the problem on the first system. Are there any relevant
changes between IC 4.6 to 5.2 that correspond with the search or locale
engine?

Regards,

Lars