[ic] The "area" sub called from category_vertical component

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 15 14:06:31 EST 2004

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:

> At 05:16 AM 12/15/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does anybody know where the "area" sub called from the old
>> "category_vertical" component (I believe this was in Foundation in
>> pre-4.8 days) is defined?  The sub is called via a loop (with prefix
>> "box"):
>> [box-exec]area[/box-exec]
>>
>> There are other subs called in there too, a sub called "cat".
>>
>> I'm having trouble finding the definition.  It doesn't appear to be
>> in the catalog_before.cfg or catalog_after.cfg, or in any include files.
>

> The sub you want is called 'exec', and it is in
> VENDROOT/catalog_before.cfg.
>
> - Ed

Thanks, Ed.  My code read of Interpolate.pm was a bit off -- I was
thinking that the name of the sub to call was the text contained with
the [box-exec]...[/box-exec] tags.

Incidentally, the sub that's defined in VENDROOT/catalog_before.cfg is
just defined with:
Sub <<EOF
sub bar_link {
}
EOF

I don't believe that the "bar_link" sub name actually matters in this
context, and I don't see anything here that suggests to my eye that this
subroutine is registered with Interchange under the name "exec".  What
am I missing?

Thanks again.
    - Ethan

--