[ic] Shipping to APO boxes

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Fri Dec 31 13:00:01 EST 2004

> Gary,
>
> I wrote a Perl module that includes the Interchange tag for UPS Online
> Tools XML interface.  I know it handles US, Canadian and International
> shipping like a charm.  I havn't tested it with APO addressess.  My
> guess is if you can go to the UPS web site and get reliable rates, the
> module should return the same rates.   I have several clients using it
> on production sites.
>
> You can download it at
> http://search.cpan.org/~downhom/Business-Shipping-UPS_XML-0.07/lib/Business/Shipping/UPS_XML.pm

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

As far as I can tell, UPS actually doesn't ship to APO addresses so I
think the problem would still exist. The problem I am trying to
trap/intercept is detecting when an APO address is entered so I can stop
the transaction. As it is now, UPS just returns a $0 shipping amount.
The problem is that on certain items a $0 amount is ok, so I can't just
do a simple check.

However, I think with the info that Greg provided earlier, I should be
able to do a regex on the zip code ranges and get the info I need.

I appreciate the feedback though.
-Gary