[ic] people complaining about interchange...

Jeff Dafoe jeff at badtz-maru.com
Sat Feb 7 07:33:42 EST 2004

> Are any of the developers, of profound believers in interchange, aware of
this
> criticism, and know of the cause of the problem???

Since October of 2002 I have run IC 4.8 on the server that services
www.subcultural.com and www.sophee.com .  In that time, the daemon has
served roughly 40,000 pages a day for a total of 14 million page views.  We
have experienced peak traffic with as many as ten page requests per second.
As far as I can remember, the daemon has never quit running and has only
stopped responding to requests one time (and that one time could easily be
attributed to CPU fan failure).  I know that the daemon has run for at least
six months at a time without being shut down or restarted.

There are absolutely no questions in my mind about Interchange's speed or
stability on the Linux platform.  Our hardware is top notch, an Intel
server-class motherboard with 2 gigs of ram, and Interchange's operation on
this is flawless.

Jeff