[ic] Protx Payment Module Authentication

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Jan 7 02:38:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:39:59 +0000, Sandy Thomson wrote:

>Lyn St George wrote:
> >  [Lots of help]
>
>Just to say, thanks very much for the help. I think it was a problem
>with my order profile, but protx payment works now.
>I would like to ask a question about the transaction table fields, there
>is no field for the start date of the credit/debit card? I know not
>entirely necessary as you can use REPEAT etc, but the expiry date is in
>there.

It depends on just how much stuff you want to log - the expiry is logged so
that, if you are doing regular repeats, you can see when the card is about
to expire. You may of course log anything else you think useful (note though
that the CV2 number should not be logged under Card Scheme rules).

>One more thing, is the result that protx sends back a definative
>response that a card has been accepted?

Their test server only really does a Luhn 10 check, but their live server
takes the response from the bank and passes it on to you, so this one
is definitive.

>Cheers.
>
>Sandy.

-