[ic] Newbie questions

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Wed Jan 7 11:45:59 EST 2004

At 01:21 PM 1/6/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am trying to learn how to turn states 'off and on' with regard to who can
>purchase from the interchange store.  We are creating a winery website
>(using the foundation store), and since interstate shipping laws are so
>screwed up...we need to exclude certain states.  Ideally the 'bad' states
>would be taken out of the dropdown menu on the order form.  If anyone can
>walk me through it or point me to some documentation (an old thread?), I
>would greatly appreciate it.
>
>C-

Other than making clear messages on the entry and checkout pages that you
cannot ship to certain states (with a list of the same), I would suggest
you make a backup copy of the state table, then simply remove the records
for the states that are forbidden.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax