[ic] multivalue inputs and mv_data_filter_(field)

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Mon Jan 19 16:25:50 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:46:52 -0800 (PST)
Michael Neilly <mneilly at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a form in which I assign multiple values to a single
> name, category. If I access these values via the cgi tag with
> filter= then I get the result I expect (the filter replaces
> nonword sequences with commas).
>
> I want to concatenate the multiple values using the filter
> mentioned above and have the single filtered value placed
> in the database's category field. Instead, what I'm getting
> is a row per value in my database.
>
> If I change the filter to do something such as capitalize
> I can see that each new row has been filtered/capitalized.
> So it seems that I don't understand how mv_data_function
> treats the null characters between values or how to change
> that behaviour.

mv_data_filter is applied to late. What you want is borrowing
functionality from the UI (needs to be enabled):

<input type="hidden" name="mv_click" value="process_filter">
<input type="hidden" name="ui_filter:category" value="null_to_comma">

At least that is my guess. Hopefully that works for you.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team