[ic] Unable to send email

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Thu Jan 22 13:13:06 EST 2004

At 12:46 PM 1/22/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Any updates on the "Unable to send email" problem?  It's in the archives a
>lot, but I don't see a solution.  (Using 4.8.1, RH 9, plain old sendmail.)
>
>Martin Abell
>SpeedSpan

Dear Martin -

I've recently discovered that a number of my clients (who are using qmail
with it's sendmail-compatible substitute program) are getting this
intermittently. The only possible answer I've found for that issue so far
is that qmail's sendmail binary will not tolerate Windows-style CRLF pairs
on the body content, so if any part of the email, including order
line-items, contained these characters, the send would theoretically fail.

If all of your scripted email sends are failing, you have a configuration
or system setup problem; you need to verify that the SendMailProgram
directive in interchange.cfg is being set to a valid mailer binary that the
interchange user has permissions to execute.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax