[ic] Forcing SSL on a particular page

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Thu Jul 15 14:47:26 EDT 2004

Hi, all.

I'm finding this surprisingly undocumented, or else I just missed it.
In any case, what's the best approach to force a particular page, or set
of pages, to use SSH (on Interchange 4.8.7)?  I've tried the
"AlwaysSecure" catalog directive, which seems to make all links to
specified pages use the secure server root, but the pages are still
accessible with standard HTTP as well if you just type the URL in manually?

Is it best to just bounce them to the same page with HTTPS protocol if
they try to access the page unencrypted?  I'm not crazy about bounces
but this seems like a simple solution.

If this question has been asked and answered a million times before, I
humbly apologize and seem to have failed in my search of the archives.

Thanks in advance.
- Ethan Rowe