[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout time

Mark Bryant mark at vwe.net
Wed Jun 2 13:11:29 EDT 2004

At 17:54 02/06/2004, you wrote:

>>>Hello Ed,
>>>
>>>I am having a similar problem with 4.8.x, with some simple options, but some
>>>are working correctly.
>>>We use the mysql tables, but there also exists some txt files in the
>>>products directory.
>>>Does foundation use both files?
>>>
>>>Not sure which file really matters here.
>>>
>>>-Steve
>>
>>Seems I'm not the only one that's experiencing this problem with this
>>particular version of IC.
>>
>>Thanks Steve, you've reassured me that I'm not going bonkers ;)
>>
>>Fingers crossed an IC core person can shed some light for us.
>>
>>Many thanks
>>
>>Mark
>
>Both files matter. I have not heard of this problem previously, but if I
>were you, I would install and instance of the latest stable release,
>either for your branch (4.8.9) or for the current branch (5.2) and see if
>a catalog running under that exhibits the problem.
>
>- Ed

OK, I've got more on this now....

A truncated snippet from the options.txt i just exported

000563  1                                       1
000563-Condom Type              000563  Condom Type
000565  1                                       1
000565-Condom Type              000565  Condom Type
000565-Lube Type                000565  Lube Type
000567-Condom+Type              000567  Condom Type
000567  1                                       1
000567-Lube+Type                000567  Lube Type

Spot the difference?

I can tell you quite confidently that 000565 works perfectly options wise,
but 000567 doesn't

Clearly the options for 000567 are looking for "000567-Lube Type" and not
finding it as there's no match.

It's as I originally thought, the space in the field blew IC's mind when it
was saving because it plonked a + in pace of the space and then forgets to
take it into consideration later. I'd say that's a bug ;)

In future I'm going to stick to using "_" where no guidance is given as to
what should be entered.

I fixed the problem by editing the incorrect entries in the MySQL table
directly.

Many thanks to everyone for their help.

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info at vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 284 3369
Fax - 0870 284 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times

UK Broadband with modem, 2 filters and half price installation until
30/06/2004 - http://www.vwe.net/adsl