[ic] Problems saving multiple simple options at checkout time

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Wed Jun 2 12:54:58 EDT 2004

At 09:24 AM 6/2/2004, you wrote:

>At 16:00 02/06/2004, you wrote:
>> >
>> > I would check the contents of the options table for leading nulls or
>> > newlines which should not be there. Also, try installing a fresh
>> > foundation
>> > demo and see if you can reproduce this condition.
>> >
>> > - Ed
>> >

>>Hello Ed,
>>
>>I am having a similar problem with 4.8.x, with some simple options, but some
>>are working correctly.
>>We use the mysql tables, but there also exists some txt files in the
>>products directory.
>>Does foundation use both files?
>>
>>Not sure which file really matters here.
>>
>>-Steve
>
>Seems I'm not the only one that's experiencing this problem with this
>particular version of IC.
>
>Thanks Steve, you've reassured me that I'm not going bonkers ;)
>
>Fingers crossed an IC core person can shed some light for us.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Mark

Both files matter. I have not heard of this problem previously, but if I
were you, I would install and instance of the latest stable release, either
for your branch (4.8.9) or for the current branch (5.2) and see if a
catalog running under that exhibits the problem.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax