[ic] Transactions in IC 5.2

Russell Mann tech at khouse.org
Mon Jun 7 14:05:11 EDT 2004

>I took some advice and I'm converting my 4.6 store to 5.2 by starting
>with Foundation and porting over the customizations.  On my checkout
>page I'm now getting this behaviour:
>
>(table inventory): commit attempted on non-transaction database
>inventory, returning success (table orderline): commit attempted on
>non-transaction database orderline, returning success (table
>transactions): commit attempted on non-transaction database
>transactions, returning success (table userdb): commit attempted on
>non-transaction database userdb, returning success
>
>Any idea why I'm seeing this and / or what I'm supposed to do with it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell Mann

I looks like the use of transactions-enabled database tables is enabled
somewhere in your new catalog (but not supported by your DBMS), I cannot
recall specifically where this is done, check your catalog.cfg or
yourcat/dbconf/yoursql/yoursql.cfg.

- Ed

Thanks Ed,

I'm using MySQL 4.x and InnoDB tables for those four tables.  I thought that
was what was needed to use transactions.  Makecat asked me questions about
transactions to set up those tables.

-Russell