[ic] AuthorizeNet Changes in 5.2

Russell Mann tech at khouse.org
Mon Jun 7 17:04:48 EDT 2004

>What is raising this concern? I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry
>about, but you can always un-comment a couple of the debug statements
>in VENDROOT/lib/Vend/Payment/AuthorizeNet.pm and run Interchange in
>debug mode to see exactly what is being passed to Authorizenet. Or you
>can just give the code in that module and perhaps
>VENDROOT/lib/Vend/Payment.pm a looksee...
>

>- Ed
>
>Sorry, I should have included the "why"!
>
>I'm getting this:
>
>Credit Card Information (Charge failed, reason: Authorizenet error: .
>Please call in your order or try again.) Card Number (Authorizenet
>error: . Please call in your order or try again.)
>

>Thanks,
>
>Russell

Whenever I've seen that error, it usually means that the Authorizenet post
failed to even happen completely, and Interchange ended up with an empty
response. The cause I've experience for this is signalling issues due to
threaded Perl. You can do the debugging I mentioned above to see what's
happening inside of Authorizenet.pm, or just put this at the top of your
checkout page:

                [calc]
                    my $string = $Tag->uneval( { ref =>
$Session->{payment_result} });
                    $string =~ s/{/{\n/;
                    $string =~ s/,/,\n/g;
                    return $string;
                [/calc]

...what Perl version are you running, and did you compile it yourself with
threads turned off?

------Debug gives me stuff, including this:

authorizenet page:  response: HTTP/1.0 900 NET OR SSL ERROR

SSL_write 29464: 1 - error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure