[ic] IC started with incorrect PID in interchange.pid - Urgent help needed!

Calvin Xu calvin_xu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 10:53:44 EDT 2004

I have IC 4.8.7 running in Linux for over a year
without problem. Suddenly when after rstarting IC, I
got interchange server unavailable error page.

I discovered that the PID stored in interchange.pid
was different than the actual interchange process
started.

I have tried many different ways (delete/rename
interchange.pid, switching traffic modes etc) and
could not have the issue resolved.

For instance, PID stored in interchange is 5673, PID
of interchange process is 5679 (via ps -ef|grep
interchange). The log message in error.log is all
normal, no error or warning.

I will be very grateful for any help or suggestion to
solve this problem.

Please send reply to calvin_xu at yahoo.com.

Thanks very much!

Calvin