[ic] GnuPGP ... pgp

Eros Shop info at eros-shop.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 09:07:25 EDT 2004

At 04:55 10/06/2004, you wrote:
>Howdy.
>
>I am ready to set up encryption .. I am using RedHat on the server, and I
>have several different people on various Windoze versions running various
>different e-mail clients.  I'd like to get some direction on the best path
>to follow for installing some form of PGP on the Windoze side that makes
>things easy for a non-technical end-user (some employee reading and
>processing orders).  I understand that GnuPGP would be a good option - but
>I am not sure where and how to obtain the binaries and how to configure
>this in that environment.  I have no problem getting the Linux side
>working.  That's a breeze.
>
>So, would someone point me to the resources I should be trying for making
>this a painless journey?
>
>Thanks!
>

>Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I have been using GnuPG 1.0,6 with IC and PGP FREEWARE 6.5.8. for windows
since I started my online store and I've never had any problems decrypting
messages on the windows machines.

Below is the info from RPM I'm using on my RedHat system (it's probably
old, but it works)

[root at flem logs]# rpm -qi gnupg
Name        : gnupg                        Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.0.6                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 5                             Build Date: Fri Feb 22 18:09:01
2002
Install date: Fri May  2 10:50:32 2003      Build Host: daffy.perf.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM: gnupg-1.0.6-5.src.rpm
Size        : 2445211                          License: GPL
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.gnupg.org/
Summary     : A GNU utility for secure communication and data storage.
Description :
GnuPG (GNU Privacy Guard) is a GNU utility for encrypting data and
creating digital signatures. GnuPG has advanced key management
capabilities and is compliant with the proposed OpenPGP Internet
standard described in RFC2440. Since GnuPG doesn't use any patented
algorithm, it is not compatible with any version of PGP2 (PGP2.x uses
only IDEA for symmetric-key encryption, which is patented worldwide).

I hope this helps

Mark

Eros Shop
vwe internet ltd