[ic] mod_interchange and Apache 2.0

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Wed Mar 17 13:21:57 EST 2004

Hello IC Users,

Has anyone written an update for mod_interchange that works with Apache
2.0? I saw a post by Kevin Walsh from 2002 that said he might in the
future, but it wasn't a pressing issue.

I'd really like to simplify the catalog URLs and have been testing out
the rewrite rules posted here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-March/032179.html
and here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-March/032217.html

But had problems with some functions in the UI if I fully implement the
rewrite solution by setting the CGIURL variable to nothing. I posted
about it here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-December/036896.html

Was going to use mod_interchange, but now we're moving things to a new
server that's running Apache 2.0, so mod_interchange is no longer an option.

As I said before, I'm not familiar enough with mod_rewrite to know what
to put in to help with the URLs that contain /ui and would really
appreciate some help here.

BTW, the server I'm doing this on is running IC 5.0.

Thanks,
Tom