[ic] order number after payment, not before

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Mar 18 10:31:47 EST 2004

Quoting Dave Paton (dpwork at earthlink.net):
> Hi, I recently upgraded from IC 4.9.4 to 5.0.0 and run catalogs that use the
> default foundation-style order routes. I noticed that in between these
> versions the order numbers in foundation began getting incremented and
> assigned before a charge is attempted rather than after. I wanted to go back
> to assigning the number after charges succeed. In CVS is a version of
> Order.pm (v 2.6.2 of 12/27/03) that seems to enable this by adding the
> "counter_tid" route setting -- it looks at catroot/etc/transaction.number
> when processing an order, instead of etc/order.number. I worked off the
> whatsnew documentation, sent Order.pm 2.6.2 up live, added counter_tid to my
> main route in catalog.cfg and put into etc/log_transaction the code to
> increment and assign the order number in the Session and Values hashes.
>
> After that the number sequence began increasing 2 for each order, it's like
> mv_order_number is still getting incremented in a standard way as well as
> from this extra code in log_transaction. And this also happened on a address
> mismatch charge attempt -- where I had hoped that order.number would not
> increment at all because it wouldn't be touched until after a charge
> success, it did, also by 2. Initially I tried to place the code from the
> whatsnew to increment etc/order.number after the success indications in
> Order.pm and also AuthorizeNet.pm, but that was breaking the pages so I
> moved it to log_transaction. Wrongly? Maybe need other pages besides
> Order.pm from CVS for this to work? Thanks, and thanks Interchange
> developers for the great work.

Are you sure you don't have any "increment" settings in any of your
routes? Also, make sure the counter_tid is in the main route (default)
and not in any others that are active.

--
Mike Heins

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>