[ic] Patching 4.8.6

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Mar 29 13:18:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Joe D. Trent wrote:

> Running 4.8.6, downloaded the patch for 4.8 into notepad, copied and pasted
> into vi to ~/Page.diff and did the following:
>
>   cd ./ic/lib/Vend
>   $ ls
>   Cart.pm      Error.pm        Page.pm     Server.pm       Tags.pm
>   Config.pm    External.pm     Parse.pm    SessionDB.pm    TextSearch.pm
>   Control.pm   Glimpse.pm      Parser.pm   SessionFile.pm  Track.pm
>   Data.pm      Imagemap.pm     Payment     Session.pm      UserDB.pm
>   DbSearch.pm  Interpolate.pm  Payment.pm  SOAP            Util.pm
>   Document.pm  MakeCat.pm      Scan.pm     SOAP.pm
>   ECML.pm      Order.pm        Search.pm   Table
>   $ patch -p3 < ~/Page.diff
>   patching file Page.pm
>   Hunk #1 succeeded at 53 (offset -1 lines).
>
> I've not done this before--does it look ok?

Usually copy and paste and non-Unix operating systems are a recipe for
disaster with a patch file. It appears, however, that your patch applied.
The only way to be sure is to open Page.pm in a text editor and look at
the modified lines. And make sure to restart Interchange so the change
takes effect. Of course you can simply try one of the URLs with a variable
and make sure it doesn't work on your catalog.

Jon